Public Speaking and Events Assistants (Part-Time Remote, Commission Based)
We are seeking an Assistant to find Public Speaking and Screening opportunities for Director of award-winning documentary, Reflections Unheard: Black Women in Civil Rights. This is a remote, web-based position.
Who are the Right Candidates:
- You are familiar with the content presented in Reflections Unheard: Black Women in Civil Rights and have a clear grasp of concepts such as African American/Women’s History, critical race studies, Black Studies, and/or feminist studies.
- You are creative on ways to persuade organizations and individuals why the nature of Director’s work can enhance their goals and/or core values.
- You know how to be concise, creative, and innovative when explaining why a film like Reflections Unheard will positively support an organization or institution’s staff and students’ learning and development experiences.
- You know how to figure out which university offices and departments would most likely be interested in Film Director’s work and potentially invite her to give a talk.
- You have Excellent Written and Verbal Skills
- You are proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- You have easy and reliable internet access.
Salary: Flat rate/week + 10% of each honorarium earned by Director. For example, if you book Director as a keynote speaker and the institution offers $3000, you get $300. Bonus if monthly goals are met.
- Contacting non-profit organizations and universities to ask if they would like Director to come and speak for a honorarium.
- Sending out targeted emails and Press Releases to potentially interested parties.
- Researching and identifying which universities, organizations, institutions, and other non-profits that would potentially be interested in hiring Director to give in-person or video-conferenced lectures.
- Find and book 2-3 speaking events per month.
- Using Excel and/or Google Documents to track and document who you have contacted and the outcome.
- Using Google Calendar to input speaking engagements.
Duration of Role:
- To Be Filled As Soon As Possible and will end June 2016
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume/CV to Nevline Nnaji at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ‘Application for Public Speaking and Events Assistant’.
Deadline: Open until filled.